Single Essential Oils
Quick Reference Chart
Essential oils contain natural and unique properties that can have powerful benefits for your health and overall wellness. Here is a simple guide to help you get started in your essential oil journey.
Methods of use
A – AROMATIC
Essential oils that can be used aromatically. Diffusion is one of the most popular ways to enjoy the aromatic benefits of essential oils. Use 3-4 drops in a diffuser. You can diffuse lavender to help relax, lemon to cleanse the air, orange to improve mood, frankincense for spiritual enlightenment and peppermint to improve focus and energy. Use three to four drops.
T – TOPICAL
Essential oils that can be used topically, which means you can apply them directly to the skin or mix them with carrier oils or other personal care products. Essential oils can be applied to: the bottom of your feet, under the nose, forehead, at the base of the skull, at the back of the neck, on the temples, and anywhere on the body where you experience aches and pains.
I – INTERNAL
Essential oils that can be used internally. You can add oils to beverages, take them in veggie caps, or use them in your favorite recipes.
N – NEAT
Can be used directly on your skin.
S – SENSITIVE
Some people, children, and elderly have sensitive skin. If you have sensitive skin, dilute oils with carrier oil
D – DILUTE
Dilute with a carrier oil before using on your skin.
A T I N S D Price ANGELICA France A T D $53 Arborvitae Canada A T N $18 BALSAM FIR Canada A T N $9 BASIL USA A T I N $10 BERGAMOT Italy A T I S $11 BIRCH USA A T D $10 BLACK PEPPER India A T I S $12 BLACK SPRUCE Canada A T D $10 Blood Orange Italy A T I N $8 BLUE CYPRESS Australia A T S $15 BLUE TANSY Morocco A T N $49 BUDDHA WOOD Australia A T S $26 CAJEPUT Australia A T D $8 CAMPHOR China A T D $8 CARDAMOM Guatemala A T I N $16 CARROT SEED France A T I N $11 CASSIA China A T I D $8 CATNIP Canada A T D $20 CEDARWOOD (ATLAS CEDARWOOD) Morroco A T S $8 CEDARWOOD Virginia, USA A T S $8 CHAMOMILE (GERMAN) Bulgaria A T I N $40 CHAMOMILE (ROMAN) USA A T I N $30 CILANTRO USA A T I S $12 CINNAMON BARK Ceylon A T I D $13 CISTUS Spain A T S $24 CITRONELLA Indonesia A T D $8 CLARY SAGE France A T I N $11 CLOVE BUD Madagascar A T I D $9 COFFEE Colombia A T I D $13 COPAIBA Brazil A T I S $8 CORIANDER SEED USA A T I S $10 CYPRESS Greece A T N $8 DILL India A T I S $12 DOUGLAS FIR Canada A T S $13 ELEMI Philippines A T S $9 EUCALYPTUS Australia A T S $7 FENNEL Egypt A T I S $8 FRANKINCENSE Somalia A T I N $16 FRANKINCENSE Oman A T I N $18 FRANKINCENSE India A T I N $14 GERANIUM Egypt A T I S $11 GINGER Sri Lanka A T I S $14 GOLDENROD Canada A T D $38 GRAPEFRUIT USA A T I N $9 HELICHRYSUM France A T I N $59 HOLY BASIL (Tulsi) India A T S $11 HYSSOP Spain A T D $17 JUNIPER BERRY Serbia A T I N $10 LAVENDER Bulgaria A T I N $9 LEMON Italy A T I N $7 LEMON EUCALYPTUS
China A T S $8 LEMON MYRTLE Australia A T D $11 LEMONGRASS India A T I S $6.50 LIME Mexico A T I S $9 LITSEA China A T I N $8 MANDARIN RED Italy A T I N $12 MANDARIN GREEN Italy A T I N $8 MANUKA New Zealand A T N $19 MARJORAM (SWEET) Egypt A T I N $9 MELISSA Bulgaria A T I N $68 MYRRH Ethiopia A T I N $18 MYRTLE Tunisia A T S $14 NUTMEG Malaysia A T I D $9 ORANGE Italy A T I N $7 ORANGE (WILD) Dominican Republic A T I N $8 OREGANO Turkey A T I D $9 PALO SANTO Ecuador A T D $18 PATCHOULI Indonesia A T I N $9 PEPPERMINT USA A T I S $7 PETITGRAIN Italy A T I S $8 PINE Bulgaria A T N $9 PINK PEPPER Kenya A T I N $11 PLAI Thailand A T D $14 RAVENSARA Madagascar A T D $10 RAVINTSARA Madagascar A T S $8 ROSE GERANIUM Albania A T I N $22 ROSEMARY Morroco A T I N $9 SAGE Greece A T I D $10 SANDALWOOD India A T I N $60 SIBERIAN FIR Russia A T I N $8 SPEARMINT USA A T I S $9 TANGERINE USA A T I N $8 TARRAGON USA A T I D $12 TEA TREE Australia A T N $7 THYME France A T I D $11 TURMERIC India A T I N $8 VALERIAN India A T S $27 VANILLA Madagascar A T I S $20 VETIVER Haiti A T I N $17 WINTERGREEN Nepal A T S $8 YLANG YLANG Madagascar A T I N $14 YUZU Japan A T I S $22 A T I N S D Price Ache Away T D $32 Allergy Relief A T D $14.50 Breathe Air A T S $12 Breeze A T D $18 Breathe Easy A T D $14.50 Bugs Away A T N $14.00 Christmas Morning A T N $15 Citrus Delight A T N $10 Concentrate A T S $23 Compassion A T S $22 Cool A T D $16 Copaiba & Coffee A T S $18 Courage A T N $22 Cycle Calm A T N $20 Digest Aid A T I N $16.00 Digest Support A T I N $14.50 Endoplus A T I N $11 Energy A T D $20 Fantastic A T N $16 Frankincense & Myrrh A T N $14 Good Fortune A T D $20 Gorgeous A T S $39 Headache Relief A T D $14.50 Hug A T N $28 Immunity Boost A T I D $14 Joy A T N $16 Limitless A T S $22 Mrs. A T N $26 Peaceful A T S $24 Protect A T I S $14 Purify A T S $14 Pumpkin Pie A T I S $15 Relaxation A T S $18 Restore T I S $14 Royal A T S $22 Sleep A T S $15 Slimming A T I S $15 Smile A T S $20 Soothe T D $15 Soothing Massage T N $12 Sore No More T S $20 Stress Easy A T N $14.50 Stress Relief A T D $14.50 YarPom A T I N $25 Women’s Balance A T N $18 Zen A T S $28
Essential Oils and Blends can be used in literally thousands of ways. Part of the joy of Essential Oils is learning new ways to use your collection, creating your own recipes by mixing oils, and sharing with friends!
If you’re new to Essential Oils, REVIVE recommends you try as many of these Top 50 as you can and see what you love most. We also recommend you try things out for 10 days before you decide if you love them. Essential Oils and Blends are most effective when used regularly as a part of everyday living.
1. REDUCE ANXIOUS FEELINGS. This is one of the most common uses of Essential Oils. Lavender and Frankincense are two of the best Essential Oils for reducing anxious feelings. Add 3 drops of Lavender and 1 drop of Frankincense to your diffuser and fill with water, then diffuse for 20 minutes to fight anxiety. Stress Easy is amazing for this as well!
2. SHOWER LIKE YOU’RE AT A SPA. Flick a few drops of Essential Oil onto each wall in your shower and your shower door/curtain. Roll up a small hand towel, lightly soak in water, and add a few drops of Essential Oil onto the towel. Place the towel on your shower caddy, as close to head level as you can get it. Turn on your shower to the hottest and leave it running for a few seconds until the shower steams. After that, set the heat to your desired temperature. Ta-da, you’ve got a steam shower. Try different Essential Oils and see what you love most. Our favorites are Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint.
4. IMPROVE OR SUPPORT UPSET STOMACH. Peppermint is amazing for the digestive system. Apply a few drops to a warm cloth and place on your stomach or add 3 drops to a carrier oil and massage onto the uncomfortable area.
5. GET RESTFUL SLEEP. This is also a very common use of Essential Oils & Blends. REVIVE Sleep, Copaiba, and Lavender are all great for sleep. Fill your diffuser with water and add 3-6 drops of one of these Essential Oils. Diffuse 30 minutes to one hour before bedtime. Another favorite is massaging a few drops of the chosen Essential Oils and a carrier oil onto the bottom of your feet, wrists, chest, or forehead.
6. UNCLOG SINUSES NATURALLY. Inhaling diffused Peppermint oil helps unclog your sinuses and offers relief from a scratchy throat. REVIVE Breathe Air is great for opening airways. Mix 2 drops with a carrier oil and apply to temples and around the ears.
7. RELIEVE THE STRESS OF A LONG DAY. If you’re already feeling stressed/anxious or if you know today is going to be a long or stressful day – REVIVE can help. Rub 2 drops of REVIVE Stress Easy blended with a carrier oil directly onto your temples, wrists, or neck. Alternatively, you can inhale the oil straight from the bottle or use in a diffuser. Lavender is great for easing stress as well. Apply a few drops to your diffuser jewelry and sniff as needed.
8. CREATE A NATURAL DISINFECTING SPRAY. Fill a 2 oz spray bottle ¼ of the way full with witch hazel or white vinegar. Add 10-15 drops of REVIVE Immunity Boost and fill the rest of the way with water. Shake. Spray on counters, door knobs, toys, the sink, etc. to help kill germs.
10. SOOTHES MUSCLES AFTER A DAY OF WORK OR AFTER A WORKOUT. Mix a few drops of coconut oil with 2 drops of Peppermint in the palm of your hand. Rub wherever you need it. Copaiba is anti-inflammatory and is a natural analgesic that when combined with coconut oil reduces pain and inflammation as well. For greater relief, try Peppermint and Copaiba combined.
12. AS AN AFTERNOON PICK ME UP. To your diffuser, add your water and 6 drops of Lemon Essential Oil. Diffuse for 20 minutes.
13. RELIEVE OR REDUCE HEADACHES. Apply a few drops of Peppermint, Frankincense, or Lavender mixed with coconut oil to your temples, the back of your neck, and forehead. Or diffuse for 30 minutes or until the headache is relieved.
14. SEASONAL ALLERGY RELIEF. Don’t let allergies slow you down. For most, Essential Oils are a better alternative to harmful chemicals as a way to deal with allergies. REVIVE Breathe Air, Peppermint, Frankincense, and Lemon are good essential oils to use. Diffuse as needed or rub 3 drops combined with a carrier oil onto the chest or neck.
15. TO SOOTHE A SUNBURN. Ouch! Combine 2 drops of Lavender and 2 drops of Copaiba with one tablespoon of coconut oil or aloe and apply to the sunburn to reduce swelling and pain and improve skin health. Apply directly or with a cotton ball.
16. INCREASE ENERGY & ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE. Pour 2-3 drops of Peppermint or Lemon into the palm of your hand with a carrier oil and inhale, then rub onto temples. Mix a few drops of coconut oil with 3 drops of Peppermint and rub into your muscles.
17. DURING MEDITATION. Discover the art of meditation. For mental health, it is recommended to meditate for at least 5 minutes everyday. Fill your diffuser halfway, add 4 drops of Frankincense or Lavender and sit or lay comfortably. Breathe deeply and still your mind to prepare yourself for the day ahead.
18. CREATE A RELAXING BATH. Fill your bath with hot water. Add 5-10 drops of Lavender to an unscented soap and pour into the running stream. Optionally, add sea salts. Get in and relax.
19. IMPROVE YOUR MOOD, NOW! Inhale a big whiff straight from the bottle of Lemon. Repeat for up to 30 seconds. You’ll feel better instantly!
20. KEEP YOUR TRASH CAN SMELLING FRESH. Add 2 drops of Tea Tree and Lemon to a cotton ball and put the cotton ball at the bottom of the trash can. Tea Tree and Lemon will disinfect and deodorize, keeping your trash can smelling fresh and clean!
21. KEEP YOUR DISHWASHER CLEAN. Put 2 drops of Lemon in with your dishwasher detergent. This will keep the dishwasher smelling clean and help kill germs.
22. CLEAN YOUR MICROWAVE. Splatters, grease, and gunk on the inside of your microwave? Microwave a bowl with about a cup of half water, half white vinegar water, and 5 drops Lemon for about 2 minutes. Use a potholder to remove the very hot bowl of water and wipe your microwave clean. Lemon essential oil can also be used to get rid of adhesive sticky messes- like removing labels from bottles, unsticking stickers that your kids used to decorate your refrigerator, and removing gum.
23. FRESHEN YOUR REFRIGERATOR. When cleaning out the fridge or freezer, use this as an opportunity to freshen it. Add a few drops of Lemon and Lavender to a small bowl of baking soda and place on the back shelf.
24. FOR LAUNDRY: PRETREAT STAINS. When someone gets a stain on their clothing, act quickly! Add 4 drops of Lemon to 6 oz of water. Mix and apply to stains on clothing before washing. Be sure to check the clothes when they come out of the wash to make sure that the grease stain is all gone. If it is, great! Put it in the dryer as normal. But if a little grease remains, repeat with a few drops of Lemon, rub in and rewash before putting it in the dryer.
25. FOR LAUNDRY: NATURALLY SCENT YOUR CLOTHING. Add 2–4 drops of Lavender to unscented dryer sheets, wool dryer balls, or a clean washcloth to add a fresh scent to your laundry. And get rid of your scented dryer sheets that have loads of chemicals! Do you ever forget and leave your laundry in the wash for too long? Add 2-3 drops of Lemon to the laundry and re-wash. And viola, laundry is as good as new – fresh and clean!
26. FOR IRONING. Add a drop of your favorite oil to a damp cloth and place it on top of clothing when ironing to infuse your ironed clothing and sheets with fragrance.
27. SCENT YOUR SHEETS TO PROMOTE RESTFUL SLEEP. Add a few drops of Lavender directly to your pillowcase tag. Lavender is calming and will promote restful sleep. Alternatively, you can create a linen spray by putting 10-12 drops of REVIVE Sleep and 1 cup of water in a spray bottle and spritz on sheets at bedtime.
30. FOR COLD AND FLU SEASON. During cold and flu season, use REVIVE Essential Oils to prevent contracting a cold or the flu. You could also use it to address symptoms or reduce the length. Diffuse REVIVE Immunity Boost in your home daily.
36. REDUCE HOT FLASHES. Apply 1 drop of Peppermint mixed with a carrier oil to the back of your neck to cool you instantly.
37. CALM ACNE FLARE UPS. Every morning and night, wash your face with a combination of unscented natural soap and Essential Oils. Add 8 drops of Lavender and 5 drops of Tea Tree to your 8 oz bottle of soap and shake well to mix.
38. FRESHEN BREATH. Add 1 drop of Peppermint to a half a cup of water, swish in your mouth, and spit to naturally freshen breath.
39. RELIEVE TIRED TOOTSIES. Add 3 drops of Peppermint and 2 drops of Copaiba to 2 Tbsp of unscented natural soap, then mix into one cup of Epsom Salts. Fill a large plastic container with warm water, add in your mixture, and soak feet as long as you desire to perk up those achy feet.
41. TO HELP YOU CONCENTRATE OR STUDY. Peppermint, Lemon, and Frankincense are all great for improving brain function, helping with focus, grounding, productivity, and memory. Try diffusing a blend of all 3 oils next to your desk to encourage better concentration.
42. TO IMPROVE CIRCULATION. Our circulatory system is in charge of moving our blood through our body, as well as oxygen, nutrients, and other compounds that help you function. When this flow is disrupted, you can suffer from a variety of health problems. Encourage lymphatic drainage and improved circulation by massaging a blend of Lemon, Copaiba, and a carrier oil onto your skin every night.
43. EASE MENSTRUAL CRAMPS. Create a blend of Lavender, Copaiba, and coconut oil and apply to the lower abdomen when that time of the month hits. These oils can help calm cramping and also tame the mood swings that come with it.
44. FOR NATURAL MOTH BALLS. Make your own natural mothballs. Put a few drops of Lavender on a few cotton balls and place them in your closet and drawers. This should keep the moths away and give you great, fresh smelling clothes!
45. KEEP SPIDERS AWAY. Spiders hate the smell of Peppermint. Mix 15 drops of Peppermint and a cup of water in a spray bottle. Shake well and then spray all around your home (inside and out) where spiders hang out or might enter your home. Make sure to get corners or rooms, baseboards, around porches, doors, and windows.
46. FRESHEN STINKY SHOES. Get rid of that funky smell in your shoes or boots using a cotton ball and Essential Oils. Apply a few drops of Tea Tree, Lemon, and/or Lavender to cotton balls. Put one cotton ball inside each shoe. Leave it overnight and the odors should be gone in the morning. If not, repeat for a couple of nights.
47. DISINFECT THE AIR. Every time you change the air filter in your heater/AC unit, prevent germs and disinfect using your oil blends. Drip 5-10 drops of REVIVE Immunity Boost onto the surface area of the filter before putting it in your unit.
48. CALM HYPER CHILDREN. If your kids are over tired or hyperactive, create a wonderfully relaxing foot/hand rub for them. Combine a drop or two of Lavender Essential Oil or Stress Easy Blend with an unscented lotion and massage their feet or hands for a few minutes to calm them down.
49. AS A CAR AIR FRESHENER. Take a wooden clothespin. Add 3 drops of Lemon and 2 drops of Lavender to the wood of the clothespin and clip it to your car’s AC vent. When you turn on your car’s fan, the air comes out of your vents and blows over and around the clothespin, circulating the essential oils in your car.
50. BREATHE EASY. Create your own Vapor Rub! In a double boiler, melt 4 tsp of Jojoba Oil and 2 tsp of beeswax. Turn off heat, add 10 drops of REVIVE Breathe Air and 5 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil and mix well. Pour into a tin or glass jar with a lid and let harden. Apply to the chest as needed to encourage healthy respiratory function.
FACT SHEET & GC/MS
Our fantastic customers make up this business, so your trust and confidence are #1 to us. We provide GC/MS test results from a verified third party, for each one of our products, along with a easy to view fact sheet.
GC/MS stands for Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectrometry. In simple terms, a GC/MS separates an essential oil into which volatile aromatic compounds are present in the oil and at what amounts. A GC-MS test is completed using two separate techniques, GC or Gas Chromatography, and MS or Mass Spectrometry. The GC separates the chemical mixture and the chemicals in the mixture separate based on their volatility. The MS identifies and quantifies the chemicals based on composition.
GC/MS tests verify the purity and quality of the oils we sell, so you can be sure you’re using the highest quality oils available on the market today. We also do our due diligence working with distillers and growers to ensure we are selecting oils from the best region for the best season. We are committed to a sustainable practice so that the environment and the people in the industry can continue to do what they love.
To view the actual GC/MS test for your oil, simply look up the name of the oil and click on it’s name.
Every bottle of oil that you purchase from REVIVE will have a specific batch code that tells us exactly what batch of oil is in your bottle. This information is also directly linked to the testing reports for each batch of oil. We update the GC/MS for the current batch out. If you have further questions please contact us with the batch number on the bottom of your bottle
by Work on
How to Make the Most of Your REVIVE Basics Kit
REVIVE’s most popular seller is the Basic’s Kit… and for good reason. This set of 3 single oils and 3 blends is incredibly versatile! It includes Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint, which are some of the most useful Essential Oils you can add to your life. In addition, it includes Sleep, Immunity Boost, and Breathe Air, which are pre-blended synergies that are ready to use when you need them.
A $64 Value for $44.
That’s a savings of 30% when you buy the Kit!
Of course this Basic’s Kit is going to include Lavender. It is the most widely used Essential Oil in the world. For thousands of years, people have been utilizing Lavender Oil as a natural remedy or calming scent. Simply put, Lavender has a huge range of therapeutic benefits and can be used for more things than you may have already imagined!
Ways to use your Lavender Oil
- Improve your sleep: Adding a few drops of Lavender oil to your Oasis Diffuser is one of the safest and easiest ways to encourage better sleep.
- Soothe your skin: The anti-inflammatory properties of Lavender make it a great choice for all sorts of skin care issues. Put a few drops of Lavender essential oil in a teaspoon of Aloe Gel to soothe and heal a sunburn.
- Calm your mind and body: Lavender is very well-known for its ability to bring on feelings of relaxation. Take 4 drops of Lavender oil and mix it with an unscented soap then add to a warm bath with some Epsom Salts for reducing stress/anxiety after a long day.
- Help heal a wound: Researchers have found that Lavender Essential Oil promotes healing skin tissue. Mix a couple of drops of your oil with a teaspoon of Sea Buckthorn Oil to calm inflammation and help kill bacteria.
- Natural Bug Repellent: Lavender is a great insecticide. This means it can help deter bugs. Wearing a few drops of Lavender oil mixed into an unscented lotion can aid in keeping you bite free. In addition, if you do get bit, this oil is great for soothing the bug bite as well.
This fresh and fabulous oil is go-to for so many things. Lemon Essential Oil is cold pressed from the peels of this popular fruit and it contains all of the wonderful benefits this citrus has to offer. Lemon’s uplifting scent is great for mood adjustments, health, and cleaning. Here are some great ways to put your Lemon Oil to good use.
Ways to use your Lemon Oil
- Improve your mood: Lemon Essential Oil is one of the most studied oils for fighting depression and boosting your spirits. Add 5 drops of this zesty oil and 100 ml of water to your diffuser and enjoy the uplifting aroma.
- Increase alertness: Lemon is great for mental stimulation and can even help with jet lag. When in need of focus or concentration, simply take a sniff of your Lemon Oil straight from the bottle.
- Clean your house: This sweet yet tart oil kills viruses and bacteria. Add a few drops of Lemon Oil to any of your natural household cleaners to boost its germ-killing powers.
- Relieve respiratory issues: Lemon Essential Oil promotes healthy respiratory function and may lessen allergy symptoms. It is great for lymphatic drainage and can boost the immune system. Inhale Lemon Oil as needed when you are feeling stuffy.
Peppermint Oil is so fragrant. It’s recognizable cool, minty scent makes it a perfect match for so many people. But the good news it, that it is also useful in so many situations. Peppermint is uplifting, pain relieving, and even good for your stomach. Read on to see some great uses for this popular oil.
Ways to use your Peppermint Oil
- Energize your senses: Peppermint is great at fighting fatigue and giving you a boost of energy. Diffuse this oil when you need a little pick me up. Great for that pre-workout motivation. Studies have shown that people may exercise up to 20% longer when smelling Peppermint Essential Oil.
- Relieve pain: Great at soothing sore muscles and easing headaches. This oil is antispasmodic so it calms the tension in muscles, giving a cooling relief. Add 3 drops to a teaspoon of Grapeseed Oil and apply to the painful area.
- Ease an upset tummy: Peppermint is helpful in reducing nausea and IBS symptoms. It’s anti-inflammatory properties make it relaxing to the stomach and intestines. Mix 2 drops with an unscented lotion and apply in a circular motion to the stomach area. For an additional boost, use a drop of Lemon Essential Oil as well.
- Stop the itch: This highly mentholated Essential Oil is amazing at inhibiting itchiness. Combine with your Lavender oil for maximized relief. 2 drops of Peppermint Oil and 2 drops of Lavender in a carrier oil applied to itchy area will soothe the annoying itch.
A proprietary blend created by REVIVE to help encourage those much needed ZZZs.
- Create a linen spray to help your little ones fall asleep: Put 25 drops of Sleep Blend into a 4 ounce glass spray bottle with one ounce of high proof alcohol. Mix together, then fill the rest of the way with water. Mist your child’s pillow before bed to help them sleep.
- Make a calming massage oil: Add about 8 drops of your Sleep Blend to a Tablespoon of Fractionated Coconut Oil and massage your partner’s shoulders to encourage relaxation after a long day.
- Diffuse for stress relief: Put 3 drops of Sleep Essential Oil Blend and 2 drops of Lavender Essential Oil in your diffuser with 100ml water and run for 20 minutes while meditating or reading a book to help reduce stress.
An expertly crafted synergy of Essential Oils based on a historical recipe. Used to kill germs and boost the immune system.
- Create a barrier from unwanted germs: Mix a few drops of Immunity Boost Blend with a carrier oil and apply to chest before going to a public area that may have many germs. Great for use on airplanes, in schools, or doctor’s offices.
- Encourage natural resistance during cold/flu season: Add 2 drops of Immunity Boost and 1 drop of Lavender Essential Oil to an unscented lotion and massage onto the soles of your feet at night.
- Make your own hand sanitizer: To a 1 oz bottle, add 5 drops of Immunity Boost Blend and 2 drops of Lemon Essential Oil to 1 oz of Aloe Vera Gel. Mix well and apply to hands when there is no soap and water available.
A fresh, synergistic blend of Essential Oils to support respiratory function. Encourages clear breathing and helps open airways.
- Help prevent flare ups of seasonal allergies: Diffuse 3 drops of Breathe Air with 2 drops of Lemon Essential Oil daily in the morning.
- Clear congestion during a cold: Add 3 drops of Breathe Air Blend to 1 Tablespoon of Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply to chest, forehead, and around the ears. Avoid using near the eyes.
- Sleep better when you are sick: Diffuse 2 drops of Breathe Air Blend and 3 drops of Lavender Essential Oil at night to ease the respiratory system and calm the mind.
Of course, there are so many more ways to benefit from this useful Basic’s Kit. What ideas have you come up with?
by Work on
How to Use Essential Oils
You’ve been hearing a lot about Essential Oils lately. Maybe you want to learn how to use essential oils for beginners. You see Aromatherapy recipes online and your friends are using oils daily… so you have decided it’s time to take the plunge. But where do you start? What Essential Oils should you invest in? And how do they even work? Don’t worry! REVIVE is here to help.
What are Essential Oils?
The most basic explanation is that Essential Oils are therapeutic extracts from plants. They are produced by steaming or pressing plant matter like flowers, stems, roots, resins or wood. The result is a very potent liquid that contains the chemical compounds representative of the plant they have come from. These volatile essences smell strongly and have components that can affect us physically, mentally, and emotionally. Historically, Essential Oils have been used for centuries and are even mentioned in the Bible.
What is Aromatherapy?
The process of using Essential Oils for their therapeutic benefits is called Aromatherapy. The Essential Oils encourage holistic healing of the mind, body, and spirit. Aromatherapy has a rich history based in many cultures including the Ancient Greeks, Indian Ayurvedic medicine, and even the Egyptians. But its most recent definition comes from an accidental discovery in 1937. French perfumer, René-Maurice Gattefossé used Lavender Oil on a burn he had on his hand and realized that it did not scar. He had already been using Essential Oils in his perfumes, but when he discovered that he did not contract gas gangrene, he devoted the rest of his life to understanding and educating about the healing properties of Essential Oils. Today, Aromatherapy is used daily by most anyone. It is now considered a true union of both art and science.
How do you use Essential Oils?
Don’t let the common phrase, “there’s an oil for that” overwhelm you. Yes, Essential Oils can be used in countless ways, but it doesn’t have to be complicated. The quickest and most popular way to use EO’s is still the easiest… inhalation.
Inhalation: the process of inhaling Essential Oils into the nose where they travel along the cilia and enter the olfactory. This is when the message gets sent to the limbic system and your brain determines how to react to a certain situation.
Ways to use inhalation: smell the oils right from the bottle, use a diffuser, put the oils on a piece of diffuser jewelry, or use a nasal inhaler.
Topical: when using Essential Oils topically (on the skin), you get the benefits through inhalation and absorption. The molecular weight of an Essential Oil is small enough that it penetrates the dermis and enters our bodies. The benefit of this is that we can get longer term use of the oils and we can use them for physical issues. One important thing to remember here is that it is best to use a “carrier” when using your oils topically. Essential Oils are incredibly potent and many of them can irritate the skin when used alone.
Ways to use topically: add Essential Oils to an unscented lotion, nut or seed oil and apply to skin. You can do this to aid a physical need or in addition to a massage, compress, or bath.
What Essential Oils Should I Buy?
If you are beginning your journey with Essential Oils and you need to purchase a few to get started, you want to get the most bang for your buck. There are many oils that are definitely incredibly versatile and can be used for a lot of different applications. Starting with just a few key oils can make it less intimidating and help you get the hang of it. Then pretty soon, you will find how much you enjoy it and you will want to add to your collection.
Lavender Essential Oil: If there is only one Essential Oil you ever buy, this is it! Considered the “Jack of all trades,” this oil covers all the bases.
- It’s safe and gentle- great for kids, adults, elderly, and dogs.
- It’s calming to body, mind, and skin- can be used to reduce stress and anxiety, may ease aches and pains, soothes skin issues.
- It is useful for cleaning- Lavender is a deodorant, antibacterial, antimicrobial, anti-fungal, and antiseptic. It can really help kill germs.
- Promotes relaxation and sleep- a safe way to help you achieve some much needed R&R
- Beneficial to the immune system- reduces cortisol levels which, in turn, boosts immunity.
- Most everyone loves the smell- creates a wonderful ambiance in any space.
Lemon Essential Oil: This multi-purpose oil smells amazing and is wonderful for so many things.
- Improves your mood- very uplifting and may help ease depression.
- Good for digestion- calms nausea and relieves indigestion.
- Natural disinfectant- great for killing germs, purify the air or use in cleaning products.
- Antioxidant effects- slows oxidation and may protect your cells against free radicals.
- Purify the body and possibly aid in weight loss- d-limonene in Lemon oil can support metabolism and cleanse the body.
Tea Tree Essential Oil: This medicinal oil is well-known around the world for its ability to help in many situations.
- Great for skin care- a great antifungal and antiseptic, this oil reduces acne, kills skin fungus, and prevents infections.
- Fights colds and cough- the antimicrobial properties make this oil powerful in preventing respiratory infections and easing congestion.
- Odor eliminator- a superb antibacterial, Tea Tree can stop smells in their tracks and keep them from coming back.
Peppermint Essential Oil: A true favorite amongst many simply for its wonderful fresh scent, this oil is outstanding for many reasons.
- Relieves pain- this amazing oil fights inflammation which can ease pain, especially headaches.
- Respiratory benefits- Peppermint aids in clearing airways, reducing congestion, and easing the common cold.
- Provides energy and alertness- when inhaled, this stimulating oil can invigorate, clear the head, and even help you exercise longer.
- Ease skin issues- antiseptic properties help reduce dandruff, stop itchiness, and soothe skin.
REVIVE’s Basics Kit: Once again, REVIVE has made it easy for you! This basics kit is a great place to start when just learning how to use Essential Oils.
It contains 3 of the above mentioned Essential Oil Singles: Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint. But in addition, we also include 3 useful synergy blends that our customers love: Sleep, Immunity Boost, and Breathe Air. These blends provide a simple way to achieve your goals naturally without having to mix your own.
So Now What?
Well, that is up to you. First, decide what you want to do or what issues you would like to tackle naturally. One of the easiest things to do is start with using a diffuser. The design of this wonderful machine makes it simple to improve your mood or purify the air in just minutes. The REVIVE Oasis Diffuser is unique in the fact that it not only provides a mist of oils into the atmosphere, but it also produces negative ions that help lift your mood and boost your immune system.
Looking for more ideas? REVIVE has hundreds of ideas and recipes on our blog! In addition, you can always ask an aromatherapy expert on our site. Simply click on the blue tab in the lower right corner of your screen, and we are here for you. Beginner or not, Essential Oils are functional and handy tools that should be used by everyone.