Essential Oils and Blends can be used in literally thousands of ways. Part of the joy of Essential Oils is learning new ways to use your collection, creating your own recipes by mixing oils, and sharing with friends!
If you’re new to Essential Oils, REVIVE recommends you try as many of these Top 50 as you can and see what you love most. We also recommend you try things out for 10 days before you decide if you love them. Essential Oils & Blends are most effective when used regularly as a part of everyday living.
1. DRINK MORE WATER. AND LESS SUGARY DRINKS. Add 1-2 drops of Lemon to 12 ounces of water or sparkling water. Shake well. This tastes great, reduces your cravings for sugary drinks, helps your body flush out toxins, and boosts your energy. And this is good for the whole family. Great for mornings or instead of an afternoon coffee.
2. SHOWER LIKE YOU’RE AT A SPA. Flick a few drops of Essential Oil onto each wall in your shower and your shower door/curtain. Roll up a small hand towel, lightly soak in water, and add a few drops of Essential Oil onto the towel. Place the towel on your shower caddy, as close to head level as you can get it. Turn on your shower to the hottest and leave it running for a few seconds until the shower steams. Once the shower steams, set the temperature to your desired temperature. Ta-da, you’ve got a steam shower. Try different Essential Oils and see what you love most. Our favorites are Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint.
3. REDUCE ANXIOUS FEELINGS AND INCREASE BALANCE. This is one of the most common uses of Essential Oils & Blends. Lavender, and Frankincense, are the Best Essential Oils for reducing anxious feelings. Fill your diffuser with water and add 3 drops of one of these Essential Oils. Diffuse for 20 minutes. Any time of day. Add a drop of these Essential Oils to water, or a teaspoon of honey, or 1 drop just under the tongue and consume orally. Blend 3 drops of Lavender with a teaspoon of coconut oil and apply to the bottoms of your feet, rub on your neck, the rims of the ears, or massage into your skin.
4. IMPROVE OR SUPPORT UPSET STOMACH. This is one of the most common uses of Essential Oils & Blends. Peppermint is amazing. Diffuse, apply to a warm cloth and place on your stomach, add 3 drops to water or tea or a teaspoon of raw honey, or put 1 drop below your tongue. Peppermint is a great compliment to lunch and dinner – take before or after your meal.
5. GET RESTFUL SLEEP. This is one of the most common uses of Essential Oils & Blends. REVIVE Sleep, and Lavender are all great for sleep. Fill your diffuser with water and add 3-6 drops of one of these Essential Oils. Diffuse 30 minutes to one hour before bed time. Another favorite is massaging a few drops into the bottom of your feet, neck, hands, chest, and forehead. One of our other favorites is adding a few drops to a pot of boiling water, and then sitting with your face over the pot and a towel over your head to create a tent effect (this is known as facial steaming and can provide relief for sleep apnea or nasal congestion).
6. UNCLOG SINUSES NATURALLY. Inhaling diffused Peppermint oil helps unclog your sinuses and offers relief from a scratchy throat. Or Diffuse REVIVE Breathe Air for 20 minutes or rub onto your chest or neck. Or apply 2-3 drops of Peppermint to your temples.
7. TO RELIEVE THE STRESS OF A LONG DAY. If you’re already feeling stressed/anxious or if you know today is going to be a long or stressful day – REVIVE can help. Rub 2 drops of REVIVE Stress Easy directly onto your temples, wrists, or neck. Pour 2 drops into your palm and inhale for 5 minutes. Use in a diffuser. Put a few drops into a scarf or handkerchief and de-stress all day. Use in a steam shower (see #2!)
8. CREATE A NATURAL DISINFECTING SPRAY. Fill a spray bottle with purified water. Add 7-9 drops of REVIVE Protect. Shake. Spray on counters, door knobs, toys, the sink, etc. Or if you’ve Witch Hazel, fill a spray bottle ¼ of the way with Witch Hazel. Add 7-9 drops of REVIVE Protect. Fill the rest with purified water. Shake.
9. CREATE A NATURAL AIR FRESHENER. FOR THE BATHROOM. FOR PETS. Combine 1 cup of distilled water with 8 drops of Lemon in a spray bottle. Shake well! Spray as needed.
10. SOOTHES MUSCLES AFTER A DAY OF WORK OR AFTER A WORKOUT. Mix a few drops of coconut oil with 2 drops of Peppermint in the palm of your hand. Rub wherever you need it. Copaiba is anti-inflammatory and is a natural analgesic that when combined with coconut oil reduces pain and inflammation.
12. AS AN AFTERNOON PICK ME UP. Fill your diffuser with water and add 6 drops of Lemon Diffuse for 20 minutes.
13. RELIEVE OR REDUCE HEADACHES. Apply a few drops of Peppermint, Frankincense, or Lavender to your temples, the back of your neck, and forehead. Or diffuse for 30 minutes or until the headache is relieved.
14. SEASONAL ALLERGY RELIEF. Don’t let Allergies slow you down. For most, Essential Oils are a better alternative to harmful chemicals as a way to deal with allergies. REVIVE Breathe Air, Peppermint, Frankincense, and Lemon are good essential oils to use. Diffuse, rub 3 drops onto the chest or neck, or apply 2 drops to temples.
15. TO SOOTHE A SUNBURN. Ouch! Combine 2 drops of Lavender and and 2 drops of Copaiba with one tablespoon of coconut oil and apply to the sunburn to reduce swelling and pain and improve skin health. Apply directly or with a cotton ball.
16. INCREASE ENERGY & ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE. Pour 2-3 drops of Peppermint, Lemon, or Lavender into the palm of your hand, inhale and rub into your temple. Mix a few drops of coconut oil with 3 drops of Peppermint and rub into your muscles.
17. DURING MEDITATION. Discover the art of meditation. Recommended by & for athletes & moms (modern day superheroes). Try meditating for 5 minutes everyday for 10 days. Fill your diffuser halfway, add 4 drops of Frankincense, or Lavender and sit or lay comfortably. Breathe deeply and still your mind for 5 minutes. Now your mind is ready for the chaos of your day.
18. BATHE LIKE YOU’RE AT THE SPA. Fill your bath with hot water. Add as many drops of your favorite Essential Oils to the bath. REVIVE recommends Lavender or REVIVE Protect. Optionally, add sea salts. Get in and relax.
19. IMPROVE YOUR MOOD, NOW! Take 1 drop of Lemon. Apply to your wrists. You’ll feel better instantly!
20. KEEP YOUR TRASHCAN SMELLING FRESH. Add 2 drops of Tea Tree and Lemon to a cotton ball and put the cotton ball at the bottom of the trashcan. Tea Tree and Lemon will disinfect and deodorize, keeping your trash can smelling fresh and clean!
21. KEEP YOUR DISHWASHER CLEAN. Put 2 drops of Lemon in with your dishwasher detergent. This will keep the dishwasher smelling clean.
22. CLEAN YOUR MICROWAVE. Splatters, grease, and gunk on the inside of your microwave? Microwave a bowl with about a cup of half water, half white vinegar water, and 5 drops Lemon for about 3 minutes. Use a potholder to remove the very hot bowl of water and wipe your microwave clean. Sparkling clean and your kitchen will smell great! Lemon essential oil can also be use to get rid of adhesive sticky messes- like removing labels from bottles, unsticking stickers that your kids used to decorate your refrigerator, and removing gum.
23. FRESHEN YOUR REFRIGERATOR. When cleaning out the fridge or freezer, use this as an opportunity to freshen it. Add a few drops of Lemon to water and apply to the inside shelves and surfaces.
24. FOR LAUNDRY: PRETREAT STAINS. When someone gets a stain on their clothing, act quickly! Add 4 drops of Lemon to 6oz of water. Mix and apply to stains on clothing before washing. Be sure to check the clothes when they come out of the wash to make sure that the grease stain is all gone. If it is, great! Put it in the dryer as normal. But if a little grease remains, repeat with a few drops of Lemon, rub in and rewash before putting it in the dryer.
25. FOR LAUNDRY: NATURALLY SCENT YOUR LAUNDRY. Add 2–4 drops of Lavender to unscented dryer sheets, wool dryer balls, or a clean washcloth to add a fresh scent to your laundry. And get rid of your scented dryer sheets that have loads of chemicals! Do you ever forget and leave your laundry in the wash for too long? Add 2-3 drops of Lemon to the laundry and re-wash. And viola, laundry is as good as new! Not only does it smell fresh and clean, but it is fresh and clean.
26. FOR IRONING. Add a drop of your favorite oil to a damp cloth and place on top of clothing when ironing to infuse your ironed clothing and sheets with fragrance.
29. FOR NAUSEA & MORNING SICKNESS. Add a few drops of Lavender to a cool compress and apply to your forehead.
30. FOR COLD AND FLU SEASON. During cold and flu season, use REVIVE Essential Oils to prevent contracting a cold or the flu. Or use it to address symptoms or reduce the length. Take 1 drop each of Frankincense and 2 drops of REVIVE Protect with a 12 ounce glass of water once a day if you’re not sick and three times a day if you are.
32. REDUCE WRINKLES. Lavender is effective natural way to decrease the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on your face. You can massage it directly onto your skin.
33. REDUCE AGE SPOTS AND SUN SPOTS. Apply Frankincense 3 times a day directly on skin with age spots or sun spots. Repeat daily for 30 days.
34. TO WHITEN TEETH. Combine 3 drops of Lemon, Coconut Oil, and Fresh Strawberries and rub onto teeth for 2 minutes. Rinse. Repeat daily for 10 days.
35. REDUCE SCALP ITCHINESS. Add 3-5 drops of Lavender or Cedarwood to your Shampoo in the shower. Rinse off. Repeat until you’re scalp stops itching.
37. REDUCE ACNE. Apply 2-3 drops of Tea Tree (Melaleuca) to a cotton ball and apply to the acne. Repeat for 10 days. Make a homemade face wash by mixing 5 drops of Tea Tree (Melaleuca) with a teaspoon of raw honey. Rub on face and then rinse of with water. Repeat daily. If you have acne scars or to prevent acne scars, do the following: Make a paste by mixing the following ingredients: 2 teaspoons raw honey, 3 drops Lavender, 3 drops Tea Tree (Melaleuca), 3 drops Frankincense. Wash and dry your face, then apply the paste and let it sit for an hour before rinsing off. Repeat as appropriate.
38. FRESHEN BREATH. Use 1 drop of Peppermint below the tongue to naturally freshen breath.
39. NATURALLY THICKEN HAIR. Add a 3 drops of Rosemary to your shampoo in the shower to naturally thicken hair. Use regularly for best results.
40. FOR MASSAGE THERAPY. Add 2-3 drops of Lavender or Cedarwood to an unscented lotion. Massage into your skin.
41. TO IMPROVE BRAIN FUNCTION, HELP YOU CONCENTRATE OR STUDY. REVIVE recommends Peppermint, or Lavender. These oils help improve brain function, help with focus, concentration, productivity, studying, and memory. Diffuse or apply topically to your wrists or temples.
42. TO IMPROVE CIRCULATION. Our circulation system is in charge of moving our blood through our body, as well as oxygen, nutrients, and other compounds that help you move. The body’s circulatory system is responsible for moving blood throughout the entire body. When this flow is disrupted, you can suffer from a variety of health problems. However, the majority of circulation blockages are caused by a lack of oxygen in the body. This can reduce your overall health and effectiveness of your lymphatic system. To improve circulation, REVIVE recommends diffusing Lavender throughout the day.
43. SUPPORTS HEALTHY BLOOD FLOW. The best way to improve blood flow is through diet and exercise. Don’t skimp on those. Alongside diet and exercise, we recommend Lavender, and Frankincense. Essential oils can support the health of the cardiovascular system and support healthy blood flow.
44. FOR NATURAL MOTH BALLS. Make your own natural mothballs. Put a few drops of Lavender on a few cotton balls and place them in your closet and drawers. This should keep the moths away and give you great, fresh smelling clothes!
45. KEEP SPIDERS AWAY. Spiders hate the smell of Peppermint . Mix 15 drops of Peppermint and a cup of water in a spray bottle. Shake well and then spray all around your home (inside and out) where spiders hang out or might enter your home. Make sure to get corners or rooms, baseboards, around porches, doors, and windows.
46. FRESHEN STINKY SHOES. Get rid of that funky smell in your shoes or boots using a cotton ball and Essential Oils. Apply a few drops of Tea Tree (Melaleuca), Lemon, or Lavender to cotton balls. Put one cotton ball inside each shoe. Leave it overnight and the odors should be gone in the morning. If not, repeat for a couple of nights.
47. DIFFUSE YOUR HOME WITHOUT A DIFFUSER. Take your favorite Essential Oil or Blend (for us that’s REVIVE Protect) and put a few drops on wooden clothespins. Then clip the clothespins to all your vents in your home. When your heating or air conditioning runs, air will flow over the clothespins and your whole house will smell great! Refresh weekly with more drops of Essential Oil.
48. STRENGTHEN YOUR FINGERNAILS & TOENAILS. If your nails don’t look the way you want, if they’re dry or brittle or otherwise unhealthy: Add 1 drop of Tea Tree (Melaleuca) to 1/4 teaspoon of olive oil and then apply this mixture directly onto your nails and massage in to strengthen them.
49. AS A CAR AIR FRESHENER. Take a wooden clothespin. Add 3-5 drops of your favorite essential oil to the wood of the clothespin and clip the clothespin to your car’s AC vent. When you turn on your car’s fan and air comes out of your vents, the air will blow over and around the clothespin and circulate the essential oils in your car.
50. MAKE MINT HOT CHOCOLATE. This is Kate from Accounting’s favorite. And Accounting never gets to have any fun. What’s the one thing better than Hot Cocoa? Add 3 drops of Peppermint to Hot Chocolate and voila, you’ve got Mint Hot Chocolate!!!