TOP 25 USES & BENEFITS OF REVIVE BASICS KIT
With these 6 full sized bottles, you can solve hundreds of everyday problems. Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint, Protect, Sleep, Breathe Air are 6 of our best selling and most versatile Oils & Blends. These Oils and Blends can do literally hundreds of things in your daily life, in your home, and for your loved ones. You can also blend them together to make new recipes. That’s part of the fun of Essential Oils – leaning new ways to use your collection, creating your own recipes by mixing oils, and sharing with friends!
If you’re new to Essential Oils, REVIVE recommends you try as many of these Top 25 as you can and see what you love most. We also recommend you try things out for 10 days before you decide if you love them. Essential Oils & Blends are most effective when used regularly as a part of everyday living.
1. DRINK MORE WATER. AND LESS SUGARY DRINKS. Add 1-2 drops of Lemon to 12 ounces of water or sparkling water. Shake well. This tastes great, reduces your cravings for sugary drinks, helps your body flush out toxins, and boosts your energy. And this is good for the whole family. Great for mornings or instead of an afternoon coffee.
2. SHOWER LIKE YOU’RE AT A SPA. Flick a few drops of Essential Oil onto each wall in your shower and your shower door/curtain. Roll up a small hand towel, lightly soak in water, and add a few drops of Essential Oil onto the towel. Place the towel on your shower caddy, as close to head level as you can get it. Turn on your shower to the hottest and leave it running for a few seconds until the shower steams. Once the shower steams, set the temperature to your desired temperature. Ta-da, you’ve got a steam shower. Try different Essential Oils and see what you love most. Our favorites are Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint. (Also great here are Eucalyptus, REVIVE Energy, which are not included in the Basics Kit)
3. REDUCE ANXIOUS FEELINGS AND INCREASE BALANCE. This is one of the most common uses of Essential Oils & Blends. Lavender is one of the Best Essential Oils for reducing anxious feelings. Fill your diffuser with water and add 3 drops of one of these Essential Oils. Diffuse for 20 minutes. Any time of day. Add a drop of these Essential Oils to water, or a teaspoon of honey, or 1 drop just under the tongue and consume orally. Blend 3 drops of Lavender with a teaspoon of coconut oil and apply to the bottoms of your feet, rub on your neck, the rims of the ears, or massage into your skin. (Also great here are Frankincense which is not included in the Basics Kit, but is in the Starter Kit and which is our best value!).
4. IMPROVE OR SUPPORT DIGESTION. This is one of the most common uses of Essential Oils & Blends. Peppermint helps support digestion. Diffuse, apply to a warm cloth and place on your stomach, add 3 drops to water or tea or a teaspoon of raw honey, or put 1 drop below your tongue. Peppermint is a great compliment to lunch and dinner – take before or after your meal for improved digestion. Use Peppermint if you’ve got gas, constipation, or diarrhea.
5. GET RESTFUL SLEEP. This is one of the most common uses of Essential Oils & Blends. REVIVE Sleep and Lavender are both great for sleep. Fill your diffuser with water and add 3-6 drops of one of these Essential Oils. Diffuse 30 minutes to one hour before bed time. Another favorite is massaging a few drops into the bottom of your feet, neck, hands, chest, and forehead. One of our other favorites is adding a few drops to a pot of boiling water, and then sitting with your face over the pot and a towel over your head to create a tent effect (this is known as facial steaming and can provide relief for sleep apnea or nasal congestion). (Also great are Bergamot and Vetiver).
7. CREATE A NATURAL DISINFECTING SPRAY. Fill a spray bottle with purified water. Add 7-9 drops of REVIVE Protect. Shake. Spray on counters, door knobs, toys, the sink, etc. Or if you’ve Witch Hazel, fill a spray bottle ¼ of the way with Witch Hazel. Add 7-9 drops of REVIVE Immunity Boost (Thieves). Fill the rest with purified water. Shake.
9. AS AN AFTERNOON PICK ME UP. Fill your diffuser with water and add 6 drops of Lemon. Diffuse for 20 minutes.
10. RELIEVE OR REDUCE HEADACHES. Apply a few drops of Peppermint or Lavender to your temples, the back of your neck, and forehead. Or diffuse for 30 minutes or until headache is relieved. (Also great REVIVE Headache Relief and Frankincense).
11. SEASONAL ALLERGY RELIEF. Don’t let Allergies slow you down. For most, Essential Oils are a better alternative to harmful chemicals as a way to deal with allergies. Peppermint and Lemon are good Oils for Allergy Relief. Diffuse, rub 3 drops onto the chest or neck, or apply 2 drops to temples. (Also great: REVIVE Allergy Relief. REVIVE Breathe Easy, Eucalyptus, and Frankincense).
12. TO SOOTHE A SUNBURN. Ouch! Combine 3 drops of Lavender with one tablespoon of coconut oil and apply to the sunburn to reduce swelling and pain and improve skin health. Apply directly or with a cotton ball.
13. INCREASE ENERGY & ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE. Pour 2-3 drops of one of Peppermint, Lemon, or Lavender into the palm of your hand, inhale and rub into your temple. Mix a few drops of coconut oil with 3 drops of Peppermint and rub into your muscles. (Also great:REVIVE Energy).
14. DURING MEDITATION. Discover the art of meditation. Recommended by & for athletes & moms (modern day superheroes). Try meditating for 5 minutes everyday for 10 days. Fill your diffuser halfway, add 4 drops of Lavender and sit or lay comfortably. Breathe deeply and still your mind for 5 minutes. Now your mind is ready for the chaos of your day. (Also great: REVIVE Energy, Frankincense)
15. KEEP YOUR DISHWASHER CLEAN. Put 2 drops of Lemon in with your dishwasher detergent. This will keep the dishwasher smelling clean.
16. CLEAN YOUR MICROWAVE. Splatters, grease, and gunk on the inside of your microwave? Microwave a bowl with about a cup of half water, half white vinegar water, and 5 drops of Lemon for about 3 minutes. Use a potholder to remove the very hot bowl of water and wipe your microwave clean. Sparkling clean and your kitchen will smell great!Lemon essential oil can also be use to get rid of adhesive sticky messes- like removing labels from bottles, unsticking stickers that your kids used to decorate your refrigerator, and removing gum. (Also great: REVIVE Clean)
17. FOR LAUNDRY: PRETREAT STAINS. When someone gets a stain on their clothing, act quickly! Add 4 drops of Lemon to 6oz of water. Mix and apply to stains on clothing before washing. Be sure to check the clothes when they come out of the wash to make sure that the grease stain is all gone. If it is, great! Put it in the dryer as normal. But if a little grease remains, repeat with a few drops of Lemon, rub in and rewash before putting it in the dryer.
18. FOR LAUNDRY: FORGOT YOUR WASH? REWASH. Do you ever forget and leave your laundry in the wash for too long? Add 2-3 drops of Lemon to the laundry and re-wash. And viola, laundry is as good as new! Not only does it smell fresh and clean, but it is fresh and clean.
19. FOR LAUNDRY: NATURALLY SCENT YOUR LAUNDRY. Add 2–4 drops of Lavender to unscented dryer sheets, wool dryer balls, or a clean washcloth to add a fresh scent to your laundry. And get rid of your scented dryer sheets that have loads of chemicals!
21. TO WHITEN TEETH. Combine 3 drops of Lemon, Coconut Oil, and Fresh Strawberries and rub onto teeth for 2 minutes. Rinse. Repeat daily for 10 days.
22. REDUCE SCALP ITCHINESS. Add 3-5 drops of Lavender or Cedarwood to your Shampoo in the shower. Rinse off. Repeat until you’re scalp stops itching.
24. FRESHEN BREATH. Use 1 drop of Peppermint below the tongue to naturally freshen breath.
25. FOR MASSAGE THERAPY. Add 2-3 drops of Lavender or Cedarwood to an unscented lotion. Massage into your skin.
26. MAKE MINT HOT CHOCOLATE. This is Kate from Accounting’s favorite. And Accounting never gets to have any fun.. What’s the one thing better than Hot Cocoa? Add 3 drops of Peppermint to Hot Chocolate and voila, you’ve got Mint Hot Chocolate!!!
27. BATHE LIKE YOU’RE AT THE SPA. Fill your bath with hot water. Add as many drops of your favorite Essential Oils to the bath. REVIVE recommends Lavender and REVIVE Protect. Optionally, add sea salts. Get in and relax. (Also great: Eucalyptus, REVIVE Energy).