Immunity Boost: 15 Ways to Use this Powerful Blend
Revive Immunity Boost, comparable to Thieves Oil*, is a robust blend containing five powerful essential oils. It has a rich, spicy aroma which invokes a sense of warmth and comfort. Besides the invigorating scent, it has a long list of benefits that are rooted in its strong antimicrobial properties.
Immunity Boost blend contains essential oils of clove, lemon, eucalyptus, rosemary, and cinnamon bark. The inspiration for this blend goes back several centuries. The earliest known mention of a recipe similar to this dates back to the medieval ages.
A look at the powerful ingredients:
Clove Essential Oil is antiseptic, fungicidal, and antiviral. The presence of carvacrol and eugenol makes it very effective against certain fungal infections like candida. It can also be used to maintain oral health and provide relief from toothache1 and sore gums.
Rosemary essential oil can help boost mental activity and provide respiratory relief. Today, scientists are excited about the promise rosemary holds in improving memory and boosting brain functions.
Lemon essential oil: Lemon is well-known for its cleansing and purifying properties. It is a popular ingredient in several household products like hand wash and laundry detergent. It also contains high levels of vitamin C, which may give it some immune boosting powers.
Eucalyptus essential oil: Eucalyptus has strong antimicrobial, decongestant, and expectorant properties. Its strong, medicinal scent can be easily recognized. Eucalyptus is one of the main ingredients in many cold and flu medication.
Cinnamon bark essential oil: Cinnamon bark has antimicrobial and analgesic properties. One study2 suggests that cinnamon bark has positive effects on brain functions. Its analgesic properties may also help alleviate pain.
Benefits of Immunity Boost:
- Fights infection-causing pathogens:
Eucalyptus, whose major component is 1,8-cineole, has strong antimicrobial3 properties. It is very effective against bacteria, viruses, and fungus (including the one that causes candida). This makes it a good oil to have at hand during the flu and cold season when the number of infectious pathogens is high. In addition to this, it also helps reduce fever.
- Boosts immune health:
The essential oils in Immunity Boost have antiseptic, antioxidant, and antimicrobial properties. These oils work together to speed up healing by strengthening the immune4 response of the body.
- Supports respiratory health:
Cinnamon, clove and eucalyptus essential oils have potent antibacterial properties that make them effective against bacteria that cause respiratory infections. A study5 found them to be particularly effective against bacteria that cause staph infection and pneumonia.
- Improves brain health:
Rosemary has been used for centuries to boost memory. In fact, most traditional systems of medicines used rosemary for good memory. Recent studies6 have also supported its positive effect on concentration and memory recall. Another study7 has shown that rosemary could improve cognitive functions in patients suffering from Alzheimer’s disease.
15 ways to use Immunity Boost
- First Aid: Add a drop to a teaspoon of coconut oil and apply to open wounds and cuts. This will speed up recovery and discourage infections.
- Sore throat relief: Add a drop to a cup of warm water. Gargle 2-3 times using this mixture.
- Air Purifier: Diffuse 3-5 drops in different corners of the house to purify the air.
- Eliminate odors: In a spray bottle, mix 12 drops of Immunity Boost with 100ML of water. Spray in stuffy corners of the house or in places that smell musty.
- Household cleaner: Add 12-15 drops to a bucket of water and use this to clean surfaces, floors, stovetops, etc.
- Hand sanitizer: Mix together ¼ cup aloe vera, 1 tablespoon witch hazel, 1 vitamin E capsule and 20 drops of immunity boost. Add this mix to a squeeze or pump bottle and shake until all ingredients have mixed together completely.
- Chest rub: Mix 1-2 drops with a tablespoon of coconut oil. Rub on chest, back, throat, and soles of feet to relieve cough and congestion.
- Open sinuses: In a bowl of hot water, add 1-2 drops of Immunity Boost. Cover your head with a towel to stop the vapors from escaping. Breathe in the vapors. This will help clear sinuses and open airways for easier breathing.
- Fight allergies: Diffuse at home or workplace when allergen count in the air is high.
- Treat fungal infections: Mix 2 drops with a teaspoon of coconut oil and apply on infected areas. This will help with toenail and foot fungal infections.
- Pain relief: Add a 2-3 drops to a tablespoon of coconut oil and apply on aching muscles and joints.
- Improve focus: Diffuse in classrooms, workplaces or homes to increase concentration and focus.
- Freshen laundry: Add 2-3 drops to a dryer ball and add to laundry cycle for clean and fresh-smelling clothes.
- Disinfect sinks: Add 4-5 drops to a cup of vinegar and baking soda and dump in the sink drain. This will help disinfect the drain and remove unpleasant odors.
- Support immune health: Using a toothpick, add a drop of Immunity Boost to a warm cup of tea or water. Drink regularly for overall health and wellness.