Essential Oils and Blends can be used in literally thousands of ways. Part of the joy of Essential Oils is learning new ways to use your collection, creating your own recipes by mixing oils, and sharing with friends!
If you’re new to Essential Oils, REVIVE recommends you try as many of these Top 50 as you can and see what you love most. We also recommend you try things out for 10 days before you decide if you love them. Essential Oils and Blends are most effective when used regularly as a part of everyday living.
1. REDUCE ANXIOUS FEELINGS. This is one of the most common uses of Essential Oils. Lavender and Frankincense are two of the best Essential Oils for reducing anxious feelings. Add 3 drops of Lavender and 1 drop of Frankincense to your diffuser and fill with water, then diffuse for 20 minutes to fight anxiety. Stress Easy is amazing for this as well!
2. SHOWER LIKE YOU’RE AT A SPA. Flick a few drops of Essential Oil onto each wall in your shower and your shower door/curtain. Roll up a small hand towel, lightly soak in water, and add a few drops of Essential Oil onto the towel. Place the towel on your shower caddy, as close to head level as you can get it. Turn on your shower to the hottest and leave it running for a few seconds until the shower steams. After that, set the heat to your desired temperature. Ta-da, you’ve got a steam shower. Try different Essential Oils and see what you love most. Our favorites are Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint.
4. IMPROVE OR SUPPORT UPSET STOMACH. Peppermint is amazing for the digestive system. Apply a few drops to a warm cloth and place on your stomach or add 3 drops to a carrier oil and massage onto the uncomfortable area.
5. GET RESTFUL SLEEP. This is also a very common use of Essential Oils & Blends. REVIVE Sleep, Copaiba, and Lavender are all great for sleep. Fill your diffuser with water and add 3-6 drops of one of these Essential Oils. Diffuse 30 minutes to one hour before bedtime. Another favorite is massaging a few drops of the chosen Essential Oils and a carrier oil onto the bottom of your feet, wrists, chest, or forehead.
6. UNCLOG SINUSES NATURALLY. Inhaling diffused Peppermint oil helps unclog your sinuses and offers relief from a scratchy throat. REVIVE Breathe Air is great for opening airways. Mix 2 drops with a carrier oil and apply to temples and around the ears.
7. RELIEVE THE STRESS OF A LONG DAY. If you’re already feeling stressed/anxious or if you know today is going to be a long or stressful day – REVIVE can help. Rub 2 drops of REVIVE Stress Easy blended with a carrier oil directly onto your temples, wrists, or neck. Alternatively, you can inhale the oil straight from the bottle or use in a diffuser. Lavender is great for easing stress as well. Apply a few drops to your diffuser jewelry and sniff as needed.
8. CREATE A NATURAL DISINFECTING SPRAY. Fill a 2 oz spray bottle ¼ of the way full with witch hazel or white vinegar. Add 10-15 drops of REVIVE Immunity Boost and fill the rest of the way with water. Shake. Spray on counters, door knobs, toys, the sink, etc. to help kill germs.
10. SOOTHES MUSCLES AFTER A DAY OF WORK OR AFTER A WORKOUT. Mix a few drops of coconut oil with 2 drops of Peppermint in the palm of your hand. Rub wherever you need it. Copaiba is anti-inflammatory and is a natural analgesic that when combined with coconut oil reduces pain and inflammation as well. For greater relief, try Peppermint and Copaiba combined.
12. AS AN AFTERNOON PICK ME UP. To your diffuser, add your water and 6 drops of Lemon Essential Oil. Diffuse for 20 minutes.
13. RELIEVE OR REDUCE HEADACHES. Apply a few drops of Peppermint, Frankincense, or Lavender mixed with coconut oil to your temples, the back of your neck, and forehead. Or diffuse for 30 minutes or until the headache is relieved.
14. SEASONAL ALLERGY RELIEF. Don’t let allergies slow you down. For most, Essential Oils are a better alternative to harmful chemicals as a way to deal with allergies. REVIVE Breathe Air, Peppermint, Frankincense, and Lemon are good essential oils to use. Diffuse as needed or rub 3 drops combined with a carrier oil onto the chest or neck.
15. TO SOOTHE A SUNBURN. Ouch! Combine 2 drops of Lavender and 2 drops of Copaiba with one tablespoon of coconut oil or aloe and apply to the sunburn to reduce swelling and pain and improve skin health. Apply directly or with a cotton ball.
16. INCREASE ENERGY & ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE. Pour 2-3 drops of Peppermint or Lemon into the palm of your hand with a carrier oil and inhale, then rub onto temples. Mix a few drops of coconut oil with 3 drops of Peppermint and rub into your muscles.
17. DURING MEDITATION. Discover the art of meditation. For mental health, it is recommended to meditate for at least 5 minutes everyday. Fill your diffuser halfway, add 4 drops of Frankincense or Lavender and sit or lay comfortably. Breathe deeply and still your mind to prepare yourself for the day ahead.
18. CREATE A RELAXING BATH. Fill your bath with hot water. Add 5-10 drops of Lavender to an unscented soap and pour into the running stream. Optionally, add sea salts. Get in and relax.
19. IMPROVE YOUR MOOD, NOW! Inhale a big whiff straight from the bottle of Lemon. Repeat for up to 30 seconds. You’ll feel better instantly!
20. KEEP YOUR TRASH CAN SMELLING FRESH. Add 2 drops of Tea Tree and Lemon to a cotton ball and put the cotton ball at the bottom of the trash can. Tea Tree and Lemon will disinfect and deodorize, keeping your trash can smelling fresh and clean!
21. KEEP YOUR DISHWASHER CLEAN. Put 2 drops of Lemon in with your dishwasher detergent. This will keep the dishwasher smelling clean and help kill germs.
22. CLEAN YOUR MICROWAVE. Splatters, grease, and gunk on the inside of your microwave? Microwave a bowl with about a cup of half water, half white vinegar water, and 5 drops Lemon for about 2 minutes. Use a potholder to remove the very hot bowl of water and wipe your microwave clean. Lemon essential oil can also be used to get rid of adhesive sticky messes- like removing labels from bottles, unsticking stickers that your kids used to decorate your refrigerator, and removing gum.
23. FRESHEN YOUR REFRIGERATOR. When cleaning out the fridge or freezer, use this as an opportunity to freshen it. Add a few drops of Lemon and Lavender to a small bowl of baking soda and place on the back shelf.
24. FOR LAUNDRY: PRETREAT STAINS. When someone gets a stain on their clothing, act quickly! Add 4 drops of Lemon to 6 oz of water. Mix and apply to stains on clothing before washing. Be sure to check the clothes when they come out of the wash to make sure that the grease stain is all gone. If it is, great! Put it in the dryer as normal. But if a little grease remains, repeat with a few drops of Lemon, rub in and rewash before putting it in the dryer.
25. FOR LAUNDRY: NATURALLY SCENT YOUR CLOTHING. Add 2–4 drops of Lavender to unscented dryer sheets, wool dryer balls, or a clean washcloth to add a fresh scent to your laundry. And get rid of your scented dryer sheets that have loads of chemicals! Do you ever forget and leave your laundry in the wash for too long? Add 2-3 drops of Lemon to the laundry and re-wash. And viola, laundry is as good as new – fresh and clean!
26. FOR IRONING. Add a drop of your favorite oil to a damp cloth and place it on top of clothing when ironing to infuse your ironed clothing and sheets with fragrance.
27. SCENT YOUR SHEETS TO PROMOTE RESTFUL SLEEP. Add a few drops of Lavender directly to your pillowcase tag. Lavender is calming and will promote restful sleep. Alternatively, you can create a linen spray by putting 10-12 drops of REVIVE Sleep and 1 cup of water in a spray bottle and spritz on sheets at bedtime.
30. FOR COLD AND FLU SEASON. During cold and flu season, use REVIVE Essential Oils to prevent contracting a cold or the flu. You could also use it to address symptoms or reduce the length. Diffuse REVIVE Immunity Boost in your home daily.
36. REDUCE HOT FLASHES. Apply 1 drop of Peppermint mixed with a carrier oil to the back of your neck to cool you instantly.
37. CALM ACNE FLARE UPS. Every morning and night, wash your face with a combination of unscented natural soap and Essential Oils. Add 8 drops of Lavender and 5 drops of Tea Tree to your 8 oz bottle of soap and shake well to mix.
38. FRESHEN BREATH. Add 1 drop of Peppermint to a half a cup of water, swish in your mouth, and spit to naturally freshen breath.
39. RELIEVE TIRED TOOTSIES. Add 3 drops of Peppermint and 2 drops of Copaiba to 2 Tbsp of unscented natural soap, then mix into one cup of Epsom Salts. Fill a large plastic container with warm water, add in your mixture, and soak feet as long as you desire to perk up those achy feet.
41. TO HELP YOU CONCENTRATE OR STUDY. Peppermint, Lemon, and Frankincense are all great for improving brain function, helping with focus, grounding, productivity, and memory. Try diffusing a blend of all 3 oils next to your desk to encourage better concentration.
42. TO IMPROVE CIRCULATION. Our circulatory system is in charge of moving our blood through our body, as well as oxygen, nutrients, and other compounds that help you function. When this flow is disrupted, you can suffer from a variety of health problems. Encourage lymphatic drainage and improved circulation by massaging a blend of Lemon, Copaiba, and a carrier oil onto your skin every night.
43. EASE MENSTRUAL CRAMPS. Create a blend of Lavender, Copaiba, and coconut oil and apply to the lower abdomen when that time of the month hits. These oils can help calm cramping and also tame the mood swings that come with it.
44. FOR NATURAL MOTH BALLS. Make your own natural mothballs. Put a few drops of Lavender on a few cotton balls and place them in your closet and drawers. This should keep the moths away and give you great, fresh smelling clothes!
45. KEEP SPIDERS AWAY. Spiders hate the smell of Peppermint. Mix 15 drops of Peppermint and a cup of water in a spray bottle. Shake well and then spray all around your home (inside and out) where spiders hang out or might enter your home. Make sure to get corners or rooms, baseboards, around porches, doors, and windows.
46. FRESHEN STINKY SHOES. Get rid of that funky smell in your shoes or boots using a cotton ball and Essential Oils. Apply a few drops of Tea Tree, Lemon, and/or Lavender to cotton balls. Put one cotton ball inside each shoe. Leave it overnight and the odors should be gone in the morning. If not, repeat for a couple of nights.
47. DISINFECT THE AIR. Every time you change the air filter in your heater/AC unit, prevent germs and disinfect using your oil blends. Drip 5-10 drops of REVIVE Immunity Boost onto the surface area of the filter before putting it in your unit.
48. CALM HYPER CHILDREN. If your kids are over tired or hyperactive, create a wonderfully relaxing foot/hand rub for them. Combine a drop or two of Lavender Essential Oil or Stress Easy Blend with an unscented lotion and massage their feet or hands for a few minutes to calm them down.
49. AS A CAR AIR FRESHENER. Take a wooden clothespin. Add 3 drops of Lemon and 2 drops of Lavender to the wood of the clothespin and clip it to your car’s AC vent. When you turn on your car’s fan, the air comes out of your vents and blows over and around the clothespin, circulating the essential oils in your car.
50. BREATHE EASY. Create your own Vapor Rub! In a double boiler, melt 4 tsp of Jojoba Oil and 2 tsp of beeswax. Turn off heat, add 10 drops of REVIVE Breathe Air and 5 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil and mix well. Pour into a tin or glass jar with a lid and let harden. Apply to the chest as needed to encourage healthy respiratory function.